[amsat-bb] WD9EWK @ DM23/DM24, Friday (13 July)

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Thu Jul 12 16:39:23 PDT 2012

Hi!

I plan on making a quick drive west toward the Colorado River and
operate from the DM23/DM24 grid boundary for about 3 hours starting
with an AO-27 pass around 1842 UTC.  I only have 3 degrees of elevation
on that pass, but the later pass at 2023 UTC will be better.  I also
plan on working one or two FO-29 passes from out there, with the first
FO-29 pass coming around 1900 UTC.  I've been out to this spot before,
about a 30-minute drive north of the I-10 freeway and the town of
Quartzsite in very rural La Paz County.

I should have APRS running for this drive.  It should be visible at
http://aprs.fi/wd9ewk-9 if there are no problems.  There are good
mountaintop digipeaters along the entire drive outside of Phoenix,
so this shouldn't be a problem.  I will also post updates to my
Twitter feed @WD9EWK (visible at http://twitter.com/wd9ewk for those
not using Twitter), and - if possible - an additional post to this
list once I am out there.

I will be happy to send QSL cards to those who work WD9EWK at the
grid boundary.  There's no need to first send me a card or SASE.
Just e-mail me the QSO details, and - if you're in the log - I will
mail a card.  I will also upload QSOs to the Logbook of the World.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/