[amsat-bb] Satellite contact between Alaska and Cuba

Hector, CO6CBF co6cbf at frcuba.co.cu
Sun Jul 8 20:52:32 PDT 2012

I am happy to report  that after a lot of attempts, Dale KL7R and I reached
a Sat contact  between BP54xt and EL92sd. The Cubans cannot operate on AO-07
mode B, So FO-29 is our only opportunity for long contacts.

I cannot say how much time we tried but I am sure that it was more than 10
attempts. Dale did all the hard work, he drove around 4 miles from his home
to a nearby hill. Majority of times he drove very late in the night.

All the SSB attempts failed. Today at 1920z was our first attempt on CW and
It was successfully!

Dale `s working conditions are a Yaesu FT-817 (only 5W semi-duplex) and
ARROW antenna with  preamplifier. My working conditions are a majority
homebrew setup, 10 elements yagi on 2m and 18 elements yagi for 70cm with a
homebrew preamplifier.

Thanks very much to Dale for his constancy and effort!

PD: I continue looking for new grids and long contacts on satellite, if you
are into any  footprint with EL92sd and wan to try, please drop me an email.

73!

Hector, CO6CBF

EL92sd

Este mensaje ha sido enviado mediante el servicio de correo electronico que ofrece la Federacion de Radioaficionados de Cuba a sus miembros para respaldar el cumplimiento de los objetivos de la organizacion y su politica informativa. La persona que envia este correo asume el compromiso de usar el servicio a tales fines y cumplir con las regulaciones establecidas.