[amsat-bb] Re: tilt over tripod

Luc Leblanc lucleblanc6 at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 4 18:30:06 PDT 2012

On 4 Jul 2012 at 19:26, Bob- W7LRD wrote:

Date sent:      	Wed, 04 Jul 2012 19:26:10 +0000 (UTC)
From:           	Bob- W7LRD <w7lrd at comcast.net>
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] tilt over tripod
To:             	amsat-bb at amsat.org

> I am installing a different tripod for my satellite antennas.  25 feet tall with 5 feet between   the legs at the base.  It will be set up to be tipped over for antenna access.  Does anyone have any experience with a similar system?  I have a few ideas already from my elmer J oe-K0VTY.  You can neve r have too much information.  I have a welder, concrete mixer and strong grandsons for moving things around.  Pictures available upon request.  Any ideas are appreciated.
>
> 73 Bob W7LRD
>
> CN87
Hi Bob

Just go on my web page www.qsl.net/ve2dwe i have 3 4X4 wood post. The 3 bottom post are drilled to pass a metal round bolt making the
center pole moving from flat to ground to vertical. When i want to secure the middle post i drilled a hole through the 3 top pole section
and i insert another long bolt through them with two nuts making a very strong structure. I even attached a DME tower section to the middle
post making any antenna adjustment available at any convenient height.

To move this middle section i'm using a double pulley system and i included a manual winch to have more control on the middle section
movement.

This system was holding a 7.5 foot dish (Old TVRO) until the metal mast inside the DME broke in a winter ice storm.

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
HTTP://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe