[amsat-bb] Re: U-110 Rotor Setup

Andy Kellner hawat1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 20:21:06 PDT 2012

Joel,
I am not sure if thats exactly what u are looking for, but here is some material which might help you further. The setup is not strictly for 2 x u110 rotors, but can be adapted for other
simple non-feedback rotors (radio shack etc.) as well.:

Original idea, setup and software from K8DAV: http://www.k8dav.com/u100_info.htm

KC2PCR's implementation with 2 U 110 rotors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHTEHUlqilk

I took K8DAV's software and extended it a bit, so it works fine over the parallel port (with no basic stamp controller) and a Radio Shack rotor for AZ and a homebrew rotor for EL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-nBYvPYOy4

Some pictures: http://evolution2enterprises.com/sat/sat.html

Feel free to email me if you have questions.

Cheers,
Andy - VK4HHH