[amsat-bb] Re: InstantTrack and windows 7

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Thu Feb 2 09:42:25 PST 2012

Scott,

No problem, unless you want to run it in full screen or graphics mode.  WIN7
does not fully support DOS programs in full screen mode.  However, there are
a couple of ways around that.  You can run it in a virtual XP machine.  I
have WIN7 Pro, and it is a free download.

However, there is a simpler method.  There is a program called DOSBox which
is intended to run really old legacy games.  It works perfectly with ITrack,
and makes a much smaller footprint on your machine.

http://www.dosbox.com/

Even though I have the virtual XP machine, I prefer to use the DOSbox
version.  With a little obvious tweaking of the configuration, it will come
up as before.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA