[amsat-bb] Re: ARISSat and Elk or Arrow

GW1FKY at aol.com GW1FKY at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 14:12:23 PDT 2011

Hi Clayton,
During the better day time passes here in the UK, I can confirm that using
my "Elk" antenna I made many
CQ calls via ARISSat-1 and heard my own down link sometimes quite strong,
but also subject to changes
and breaks in transmission from the satellite.
I made two contacts one being in the UK and the other another European
station, both of these have been confirmed.  I also heard other users  but did
not get any response to my call even though I could hear my own
down link.
My equipment was a Kenwood TS 2000 and the Elk was mounted to track the
satellite.
Trust that this will help, good luck and trust that you will have some
success.
Ken Eaton
GW1FKY
Amsat -UK