[amsat-bb] Re: ARISSat and Elk or Arrow

GW1FKY at aol.com GW1FKY at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 14:12:23 PDT 2011

Hi Clayton,
During the better day time passes here in the UK, I can confirm that using
my "Elk" antenna I made many
CQ calls via ARISSat-1 and heard my own down link sometimes quite strong,
but also subject to changes
and breaks in transmission from the satellite.
I made two contacts one being in the UK and the other another European
station, both of these have been confirmed.  I also heard other users  but did
not get any response to my call even though I could hear my own
down link.
My equipment was a Kenwood TS 2000 and the Elk was mounted to track the
Trust that this will help, good luck and trust that you will have some
Ken Eaton
Amsat -UK
Amsat NA