[amsat-bb] ARISSat and Elk or Arrow

Clayton Coleman W5PFG kayakfishtx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:24:42 PDT 2011

I've been wondering if anyone besides me has tried to hear themselves
using an Arrow or Elk antenna via ARISSat's linear transponder.

If you have tried it and successfully heard yourself, please let me
know.  I'm curious as to what was your formula for success. The rig
I've been using is an FT-847 and for an antenna either my Elk or Arrow
mounted to a camera tripod.

I've made about six attempts now on passes that I thought were very
favorable to success.  I've had zero trouble receiving telemetry or
SSTV during these passes so I'm sure the bird was actually overhead
during my attempts.

I'm not ready to give up but time is running out.

73
Clayton
W5PFG