[amsat-bb] Ref my ARISSat-1 report 26th Sept.

GW1FKY at aol.com GW1FKY at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 02:38:55 PDT 2011

Thanks to the feedback from operators in Europe whom advised me that they
had in fact heard ARISSat-1
on the morning passes on Monday 26th Sept.
It appears that I did not wait long enough for its activation after coming
from eclipse, I followed up the pass
today (Tuesday ) at approx. 0900 hrs GMT.  Sure enough it did activate  OK
but longer than I had anticipated
and perhaps rather like the situation in the earlier days for Europe after
it was released.
Today ( using tracking ) it came over the horizon - a reasonable clear view
 -  at approx. 0900hrs and reached its max. elevation of only 14  degrees
for my QTH at approx. 0904hrs.
It had not turned on at this stage and I did not hear the FM transmissions
until 0909 hrs at which time it had
tracked down to an elevation of only 7 degrees.
Not able to work via the SSB link at such a low angle so can't comment
except to say that under better
operating situations during the month, I have heard my own down link  quite
strongly and had two confirmed
Many thanks and apologies if my earlier report caused confusion.
Ken Eaton