[amsat-bb] HR3288 Bill to Reduce ITAR Restrictions on Commercial Satellites

JoAnne Maenpaa k9jkm at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 09:03:36 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I found out about H.R. 3288: Safeguarding United States Satellite Leadership
and Security Act of 2011 via an article posted at UniverseToday.com

HR3288 proposes to reduce ITAR restrictions on commercial satellite
development. I found additional information, including a link to the text of
the bill, list of the co-sponsors, and a progress-tracking overview posted

Perhaps something good will come out of congress. I now have something
constructive to write to my congresscritters about instead of messages
counting the days to the next election.

Hopefully it bodes well for amateur satellite projects worldwide.

73 de JoAnne K9JKM
k9jkm at amsat.org