[amsat-bb] simplest USB rotor interface

Wayne Estes w9ae at charter.net
Thu Nov 17 09:27:34 PST 2011

As an AMSAT Area Coordinator, I occasionally get questions about rotor
interfaces.  So I need to become better informed about the interface

I'm well aware of the LVBtracker, but to me it seems to be overkill for
the intended purpose.  It's not necessary for a rotor interface to have
a big box, display, and control switches.  The interface really only
needs to contain A/D and D/A converters.  All displays and controls can
be implemented "virtually" on the computer's screen.

Is there a simple and cheap USB interface for the G-5500 rotor?
Something small and simple like FODtrack, but with a USB port?
I'm aware of WinRotor USB, but nobody in North America seems to use it.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik