[amsat-bb] Re: Charge for Satellite Tracking?

g.shirville at btinternet.com g.shirville at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 1 02:03:23 PDT 2011

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for the link. On our FUNcube cubesat mission we are promoting,
as one of the many educational outreach subjects, the opportunity for a
group to design and build such a ranging system using the U/V linear
transponder that we will be flying on board. The same functionality will
also be available on UKube.

Maybe others can use this idea to help justify the presence of amateur
transponders on satellites to provide independent position information. We
might, however, have to ask Jim to take down his paper from the web so as
not to make it too easy:)

best 73

or just do it yourself....

Sorry - I could not resist..    old AMSAT technology, almost forgotten
by most people...

Peter DB2OS