[amsat-bb] Re: Echo Madness

Dee morsesat at optonline.net
Wed Mar 30 08:06:06 PDT 2011

Drew,
Isn't it wonderful that the AO-51 committee responds as well as it does and
STILL gets it's lumps?  I read some of the threads and all I can say is
"HUH?"
73,
Dee, NB2F
Keep up the good work while fighting those sharks off with the other
hand....

Subject: [amsat-bb] Echo Madness

Having been on the bird on the night the recording was made (yes you can
hear my feeble call sign in there a couple of times) I have to say, it was
no worse than 40 meters earlier in the day with the WPX SSB contest going
on.  The whistles were a bit over the top.

I am new to the satellites ( 3 successful passes ) so I am just learning the
etiquette and procedures.

It has been interesting over the past few weeks putting the station together
to be able to get into the satellite.  I have learned quite a bit already.
The first thing I learned was that I didn't know anything about how to
communicate on the satellites!!! ;-)

I have enjoyed the few contacts I have made and look forward to more.  I
appreciate any and all assistance in the endeavor!!

Thanks

Ron
KK7Z