[amsat-bb] Re: AO-40 range record ??

G0MRF@aol.com G0MRF at aol.com
Sun Mar 20 07:06:29 PDT 2011

In a message dated 20/03/2011 01:43:23 GMT Standard Time, bbjunkie at f2s.com

For a small club satellite presentation I will be mentioning  the
benefits of HEO over LEO and the range advantage.

Can anyone  tell me the distance record set when AO-40 was  alive?

Hello Pete

I'm sure you will get lots of answers.  But my own personal favourite
response to a CQ call on AO-40 from London UK was a Japanese station located at
one of the south pole research stations.
London to Perth Australia on AO-13 is also in my log, but it was impossible
 to get from here in the UK to ZL.
My local club also took equipment to ZC4 in Cyprus and C56 (Gambia) making
about 200 QSOs from each location.  DX-Peditioning was popular on the HEO
Happy days...........
Good luck with the talk
David  G0MRF