[amsat-bb] AO-51 mode change 16 March 2120utc

Mark L. Hammond marklhammond at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:32:28 PDT 2011

Hi All,

The power budget on AO-51 has really been stretched with both transmitters on, so we are now in single transmitter mode.  That means quite a bit more power on 435.300 (the voice repeater), which is now around 1.3W or so.  We'll be in this mode for a while (until further notice).

You'll probably still hear the transmitter cycling OFF and ON around eclipse times.  But most voice users will appreciate the stronger signals.

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]