[amsat-bb] Amsat Facebook

Thomas Doyle tomdoyle1948 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 03:14:17 PDT 2011

Very happy to see AMSAT on Facebook. I sent in a request to join.
What would brighten my day even more is a threaded discussion group.
I am sure most of us have used a Yahoo group. It is nice to be able to
group postings by subject. It is also helpful to be able to search.

The reduction in clutter would be most welcome. Imagine having all
the Field Day postings located in one thread so they could be ignored
by those not interested in the subject or read with great interest by
those who feel strongly about it.

Facebook and our old school bulletin board are great for Twitter type
postings that have no long or in some cases short term value but a
threaded group would offer the possibility of long term access to
information.