mlolmsted at fuse.net
Tue Jun 28 06:03:10 PDT 2011
Lets see now, some tongue in cheek ideas on the use of FM birds.
1. FCC prohibit FM radios that put out more than 5 watts on satellite
2. FM satellites should have controlled access similar to closed
repeaters so only "authorized" operators could use them.
3. Ban the use of any satellite antenna not hand held and with more
than 1 db gain.
4. Prohibit the use of computers in plotting satellite paths or
tracking satellites. Obviously, if the antenna is hand held, electronic
tracking devices would be eliminated.
5. During FD operation, since it is an "Emergency Readiness
Operation", class 1D should be eliminated.
6. FM satellites, when activated by the control station, should have
should have the capability of blocking multiple calls from the same station.
7. And of course, all FM satellite passes should have at least one
on-air "operations policeman"
More information about the AMSAT-BB