[amsat-bb] Re: How to get started on SSB birds (antennas)
pa3guo at upcmail.nl
Mon Jun 27 14:52:42 PDT 2011
> My preference is to build something
Hi Jeremy !
Yesterday I finished constructing my new antenna for 70cm, a 16 elements DK7ZB.
- Needs to work for EME at 432 MHz (15.5 dBd / 16 elements has been used
successfully by others)
- Needs to work for satellite communication (needs to elevate up to 90 degrees:
can not be longer as 4 meter)
- Avoid complex circular polarization this time (linear polarization had proven
to work fine for Cubesats)
- 16 elements DK7ZB
- 15.5 dBd
- length 3.86 meter
- Fantastic !
- Compared to the 12 elements beam I can decode Cubesats (FO-69, O/OREOS) now
- Decoding (not hearing!) FO-69 improved from 5..7 degrees elevation to 2..3
- Have not done any EME tests yet
Here are the photo's:
Btw: not sure if building is actually cheaper as buying: this antenna costed me ~90$
(but it is more fun !)
More information about the AMSAT-BB