[amsat-bb] Re: Satellite Contacts During Field Day

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Mon Jun 27 09:23:00 PDT 2011

Carl,

> I have a comment regarding FD satellite contacts.  If I remember
> correctly, it has been established that a station only make one (1)
> satellite contact during the FD period so everyone can have a chance.
> Making a contact or contacts on each of the available satellites during
> each of their passes is improper and not according to my understanding
> of the rules.

The ARRL and AMSAT rules state that only one contact is allowed per
single-channel FM satellite.  You could have made a QSO on AO-51, one
on AO-27, and one on SO-50 and stay within both sets of rules.  There
are no restrictions on the number of QSOs made using other (non-FM)
satellites.  You only need to make one satellite contact, on any satellite, to
claim the 100-point bonus if you submit your log to ARRL.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/