[amsat-bb] Re: Field Day Dual-Hop!

Joe nss at mwt.net
Mon Jun 27 07:33:44 PDT 2011

I know,
Possibly they do not know what is happening? (Doubt it)  how to fix it?
I also do not know.  This is one of the main reason I hate the CB fiasco
of the single channel FM birds. Especially because of the nature of the
FM capture effect.  The Bully with the biggest signal is the only one heard.

This may make it even more CB'ish, but maybe once a station has worked
someone,  then everyone else starts CQing again? Yes a massive mess.

I feel the ideal would be the one QSO per station during FD. As it is
intended to be.  Maybe have an OO monitor passes like when FD is
happening and send out pink slips to all that do not abide by the one
QSO policy during FD?

Or what probably would be even faster than the one QSO per station,
would be to run QSO's like a sprint type
then each station gets 2 QSO's and are gone.

Typical  would be like this.

CQ Field Day this is W9ABC
W9ABC this is K9K9XYZ
K9XYZ we are 1A Wisconsin
QSL we are 5a Illinois
QSL
Qrz this is K9XYZ
K9XYZ this is W9AAA
W9AAA we are 1A Wisconsin

etc.

I don't know.
A simple small linear transponder would be soo much nicer. And not all
that hard to make either.

But alas we keep putting up these FM birds.  UG>

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com