[amsat-bb] I Figured it out: SO50 Help Please

Douglas Phelps dphelps1 at ameritech.net
Mon Jun 20 17:58:44 PDT 2011

I figured it out with the help of a service monitor.  It turns out that while
you can set the frequency of the sub band by pushing the sub button, you can not
turn on the Tone Encode that way.  You have to move the TX to the main dial,
turn on the Tone, and then move it back.  Therefore, I was not putting out a
tone.  By the way - the manual did not mention this.  Thank you to those who
sent me suggestions.