[amsat-bb] Re: [aprssig] FW: NASA Ames Phonesat Balloon Launch
bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jun 9 11:23:23 PDT 2011
Balloon is up!
But their main interest is their UHF packet downlink on 437.092
From: aprssig-bounces at tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf
Of Bob Bruninga
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 9:28 AM
To: amsat-bb at amsat.org
Cc: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
Subject: [aprssig] FW: NASA Ames Phonesat Balloon Launch
APRS Balloon launch today from California Bay area!
> On Thursday 9 June we will be doing a high-altitude balloon
> launch of our prototype Phonesat spacecraft.... It will have
> a separate APRS VHF beacon, but what we're really interested
> is collecting the data from the satellite's UHF beacon.
> It would be great if people can ...send us back any data
> to to mikesafyan at gmail.com
- Frequency: 437.092MHz AX.25 AFSK
- PhoneSat Callsign(s): KJ6KKZ (primary), K5RDY (temporarily during a
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/NASA_Phonesat, follow us for live updates!
- Launch Time: 10-10:30AM (PDT?) (follow twitter for updates)
- Launch Location: Valverde Park (outside of Manteca)
- APRS tracking: Callsign KF7ODR-1
Also, here is an article on their previous flight:
The PhoneSat team
aprssig mailing list
aprssig at tapr.org
More information about the AMSAT-BB