[amsat-bb] Re: Getting back into Sats- current state of affairs

Bob- W7LRD w7lrd at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 19:48:14 PDT 2011

Hi Tim

By far the best (in my opinion) is AO-7!  It switches between mode A & B at about 2335Z each 24 hours.  There are  a interesting bunch of "characters" that populate this satellite.  As opposed to the FM sats we can actually have a conversation, in fact 3 or more in a round table as people enter and leave the footprint.  Check out http://www.planetemily.com/ao7/main.php?PHPSESSID=6dd58a40327b312b8178ae739709db09

 and the log to see what mode it's on.  Keep in mind AO-7 is six years older that you are, and this fine bucket of bolts is like a timex watch.  Follow the guide lines when operating through it.  Your quadra filer helix antennas might be a little iffy, however NL7VX uses omni antennas and I can work him (on the east coast) from Seattle fairly good.  Will look for you.

73 Bob W7LRD

Seattle