[amsat-bb] Re: G5500 change voltage supply

Dee morsesat at optonline.net
Wed Jun 1 07:52:47 PDT 2011

I have both rotor manuals for G5500   -& G5400/5600 Yaesu units.  The
schematics for both DO NOT show any wiring changes for the transformers to
work on 117VAC or 220VAC.  The manuals do say that there are "Different"
transformers for 117 and 220 VAC use.  It even states that they should be
returned to have the proper transformer installed if incorrect-  This means
that there may not be a universal transformer installed and only wiring
changes to correct the AC input.  Check with Yaesu for the correct
transformer part number required.
Good Luck,
Dee, NB2F