[amsat-bb] Re: 2 ht vs. 1-duplex ht

Tom Deeble ka6sip at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 21:32:51 PST 2011

Zack,

In the discussion of two vs one - I found a new way of screwing things up today.  I was trying to operate via AO-51 this afternoon
and was never making it into the bird even though I was receiving fine.  Turns out I still had the 440 side of the IC-W32A selected
as the "main" radio which makes it the xmit as well.  Each time I tried to xmit the radio displayed out of range (found out at the end
of the pass)  So, now I have one more thing to check before the sat comes around!  Other than that the W32A with a 440 preamp
has been working well for me.

Another time, when I was running late, I wasn't making it into HO-68.  That time it ended up being a disconnected BNC to the 440
side of the Arrow antenna.

So it seems that with each new hobby I can find very creative ways of messing things up.  Hope you have better luck.

73's
Tom - KA6SIP