[amsat-bb] SO-67 Successful operation in Europe

GW1FKY@aol.com GW1FKY at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 12:37:12 PST 2011

Hi all,
Thanks to the team involved, I am pleased to report successful operation of
 SO-67 during the trial evening
pass over here in Europe today. (Saturday 8th January 2011 around 1935
hours GMT)
Managed to work a number of stations in Europe using just my "ELK" antenna
and about 10 watts of RF.
I had good reports and could hear my own downlink quite well, but also had
to remember the operating
technique and the use of the tone for access.
Trust that things will be now OK for the return to normal operation next
week as planned.
Ken Eaton
GW1FKY
Amsat -UK
AMSAT NA.

PS. Also note AO -51 is also operating OK in this part of the world pleased
 to report, with thanks also those
      involved with its management.