[amsat-bb] Re: SatPC32 - FT-817

Adrian Engele aa5uk at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 11:59:29 PST 2011

Ron,

Yes you can. Look in the ? > Hints[Radio] > Yaesu Users menu in SatPC.  There is
a whole writeup on how to do this with one radio.

The stock Doppler.sqf file needs to be updated for the newer satellites. FO-29
setting is off by -2000hz for example, other satellites are pretty close.
Ideally you should work with someone who has a good station to help you adjust
the settings and then store them and be spot on in the future.

It is best to test on low passes as the Doppler will shift slower compared to a
high elevation pass, where the VFO toggling is very pronounced. Make sure you
release the PTT often and keep transmissions short so the PC can update the VFO
frequencies.

Good luck!

73, Adrian AA5UK