[amsat-bb] Re: Old Cushcraft Parts
stanw1le at verizon.net
Mon Feb 7 18:53:15 PST 2011
Congrats on the "new to you" satellite antennas.
1. Look to the CushCraft website for documentation of each antenna.
either order parts from CushCraft or for very common items,
order from a large hardware store.
2. Verify what you have with the documentation.
Element placing on the boom, element length, etc.
3. replace all hardware with stainless steel hardware of the same size.
4. dis assemble everything, elements and the boom. clean up all joints
and treat ALL joints with NoAlox aluminum ladden grease. Reassemble.
5. VSWR test, trouble shoot as needed.
Stan, W1LE Cape Cod FN41sr
On 2/7/2011 8:07 PM, Bill Gillenwater wrote:
> I am getting some 25+ year old Cushcraft antennas. The 416-TB and A144-20T, they need some work. Is there a place to purchase hardware for these antennas?
> thanks 73 Bill K3SV
> Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
More information about the AMSAT-BB