[amsat-bb] Re: rotor ???

Andy Kellner hawat1 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 06:45:23 PDT 2011

Use the process of elimination to isolate the problematic component:

Try to install a serial port monitor on your system:

This should give you an idea if the data is sent to the serial port from SatPc32. If you see the data sent, I would try to change the serial port cable if you can, or even use another serial port on your pc or even run the program on another pc, just to eliminate any hardware problems on the pc / cable side. If not, its a problem with SatPC32 and/or its configuration. Nova does a fine job for my homebrew tracking system.

If its still not working, then its probably a problem with the rotor control box itself. I assume you tested the rotor in manual mode and it works fine (meaning that the motor & cable between the control box and the rotor is ok). In this case I would look into the power supply (if there is an external one).

Gives you a few things to look into ...

Andreas - VK4FHAW