[amsat-bb] Aluma Tower and Yaesu G5400 Azimuth Rotor

Joe Leikhim rhyolite at nettally.com
Wed Aug 24 16:53:52 PDT 2011

I am in the market for an Aluma Tower T-40H, I found one which needs a
few parts and DLC, (anyone else selling similar in Florida, speak up).
My question is the installation of the G5400 azimuth rotor. I didn't
have the tower and rotor in same place at same time, so I made up a 7
1/2" diameter template simulating the bolt hole placement and outer
"corners" of the bolt bosses on the rotor bell. It seems that it "might
just fit" with about 1/16 inch uncertainty. Has anyone else installed
this rotor inside of an Aluma Tower T-40H? Some say it interferes with
fully retracting with some rotors. Experience good or bad, please share.

Joe Leikhim

Leikhim and Associates
Communications Consultants
Oviedo, Florida