[amsat-bb] Re: ISS Re-supply Spacecraft Fails

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Wed Aug 24 11:46:47 PDT 2011

I recall a line something like this from an old movie:

"The two big guys throw the little guy out the airlock."  ;)

Alan
WA4SCA

-----Original Message-----
From: amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Alexander Sack
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:37 PM
To: amsat-bb
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: ISS Re-supply Spacecraft Fails

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM,  <g0mrf at aol.com> wrote:

>  Here in London, we have free access to the Russia Today TV station.  The
launch failure is the major news item. They report it was due to a third
stage failure. Even had an interview with an eye witness who said the area
where it crashed was an area popular with people picking nuts in the summer.
> The next lauch was due on October 28th and they are speculating this will
be brought forward.

> The report is probably available on the web site www.rt.com
>
> They  also said that a satellite launched on August 18th (The EDUSAT
launch?) suddenly veered off course. - Not sure if this was a single
satellite or the whole launch vehicle

I guess the ISS Crew is going to have to brush up on their "rock,
paper, scissors" skills to see who gets dessert until another supply
rocket is shot up!

[I am only kidding, I read already they have enough supplies to last
them till the next supply ship is launched]

With that said, I am very curious on what is NASA's contingency plan
if our Russian friends for whatever reason can't or won't deliver
fulfill their promise?

-aps (KC2ZSX)