[amsat-bb] Fibreglass tube for G5500?

Chris Bloy chris at photofuture.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 02:01:49 PDT 2011

Hi All,

Does anyone in the UK know where the best place to buy fibreglass antenna
pole for the G5500?

I have two WiMO X-Quads mounted currently on a 6ft aluminium pole, but they
are back mounted and are quite heavy on the rotator (Forward motion!)

So, I was wondering, can I get say a 1 ½ fibreglass pole and then slip the
slightly small aluminium pole inside to give extra strength without
affecting the radiation pattern?

I have google’d a couple of places and it appears I need to get tubing but
not sure if anyone has any experience in this department?

Many Thanks,

Chris – M0DQO