[amsat-bb] Re: ARISSat-1 Transmissions over North America Thursday PM

B J va6bmj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:25:50 PDT 2011

<snip>

Ok, 04:01z pass over CM98 in Northern Calif...  Max elevation 15.6 degrees,
> to the North North West.

<snip>

> This was followed by 2 min of silence, and English spoken announcement (not
> sure which variety of English), some children chanting, and another break
> for silence.  The pass ended with SSTV right at LOS (no copy on the picture
> - way too much noise).

 <snip>

I listened during part of the same pass here in DO33.  Due to ARISSat's
position and my location, I wasn't able to hear more than a few seconds of
the transmission.  It was up to S8 on my radio's S meter but it was noisy
for much of it.

I heard part of the children's segment followed by a few seconds of open
carrier and then no signal.

73s

Bernhard VA6BMJ @ DO33FL