[amsat-bb] Re: ARISSat-1 Transmissions over North America Thursday PM

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:17:44 PDT 2011

Hi Gould,

Ok, 04:01z pass over CM98 in Northern Calif...  Max elevation 15.6 degrees, to the North North West.

Pass started with a foreign voice (Russian, I think).  Then there was a USA welcome message (with the USA Secret Word), and an SSTV image.  Not sure which one, as there was too much noise and QSB to copy.  I think there was some silence, followed by voice telemetry.  Signal strength came way up just in time for a clear copy.

MET = 53 min
IHU Temp = +30c
Control Panel Temp = +31c
Battery voltage = 35.74v
Current = -12ma

This was followed by 2 min of silence, and English spoken announcement (not sure which variety of English), some children chanting, and another break for silence.  The pass ended with SSTV right at LOS (no copy on the picture - way too much noise).

Seems like a normal low power pass...

Greg  KO6TH