[amsat-bb] Re: Mirage preamps

Luc Leblanc lucleblanc6 at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 9 23:05:28 PDT 2011

On 9 Aug 2011 at 19:45, Floyd Rodgers wrote:

Date sent:      	Tue, 09 Aug 2011 19:45:23 -0500
From:           	Floyd Rodgers <kc5qbc at swbell.net>
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] Re: Mirage preamps
Copies to:      	'AMSAT-BB' <amsat-bb at amsat.org>

> There is also another possible issue to consider in that the 847 when
> first powered up sends a full power transmit for a very short time.

Could be this is the missing link explaining why i burn  2 preamp  in the past? but i always put the power knob at minimum when i turned
off the 847. I will have to test it as i measure about 5W even if the RF power is set to 0!! Full power i'm not sure but even 5W is enough
to kill a preamp

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE