[amsat-bb] Re: SP-2000 Preamp?

George Henry ka3hsw at att.net
Tue Aug 9 20:56:00 PDT 2011

You can't compare reception of ARISSat-1 to the ISS...  The Kenwood radio on
the ISS transmits with something like 20 times the power that ARISSat-1
does!  How well you hear the OTHER low earth orbit satellites like AO-27,
AO-51, and SO-50 will tell you a lot more about the effectiveness of your
setup.

That being said, a preamp makes a HUGE difference.

George, KA3HSW