[amsat-bb] Re: [eu-amsat] Re: ARISSat-1 deployment time correction

Thomas Frey th.frey at vtxmail.ch
Thu Aug 4 02:20:05 PDT 2011

Luc Leblanc schrieb:
>>> The ARISSat-1 space craft was deployed from the ISS today at 1443 EDT (1843 UTC) after a hold based upon questions about the 70cm antenna.
> One point i forgot in my previous post
> Just to confirm the satellite has been deployed in the very first 10 minutes after the cosmonauts where getting out the air lock not at
> 1443 EDT "NO WAY" something is wrong here!!!
Yes, I can confirm this. The hatch was officially opened at 14:50 UTC
and ARISSat-1 was deployed at 15:07 UTC. I watched NASA-TV yesterday
after 14:00 UTC or 16.00 MESZ. Someone mixed his local time with UTC
or GMT I think.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen, Regards, 73
     Thomas Frey, HB9SKA

   Thomas Frey, Holzgasse 2, CH-5242 Birr, Tel. + Fax: 056 444 93 41