[amsat-bb] Russian Hams Get Ready
clintbradford at mac.com
Sat Apr 9 09:52:13 PDT 2011
Excuse the clumsy translation from Russian to English ...
Hams at Baikonur will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the flight of Yuri Gagarin
Celebration launch manned spacecraft "Vostok-1 caused a wide resonance in morse movement in many countries.
In Roskosmos received numerous requests from the Russian and Kazakh radio to conduct expeditions to Baikonur
Cosmodrome for a broadcast on amateur radio shortwave (HF) bands.
>From 7 to April 14 at the Baikonur Cosmodrome to organize an expedition of Russian and Kazakh radio. In this period,
the HF carrier rocket will be spoken Russian and Kazakh anniversary amateur radio call sign, devoted to the first
human spaceflight: R50KEDR (Cedar); R50SK and UP50SK (Sergei Korolev), as well as R50YG and UP50YG (Yuri Gagarin).
Work on the air will be from 5 jobs:
- "Gagarin's Start" (site 1) callsign R50KEDR (Cedar) on April 12 from 9 hours 18 minutes Moscow time during the
108 minutes on the amateur bands 30 and 20 meters, radio frequency are close to the frequencies of the spaceship
"Vostok-1" (9.019 and 20.006 MHz);
- Test item number 1 (site 18) and callsigns R50SK R50YG from 7 to 14 April on the bands 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters;
- Rf (site 5) and callsigns R50SK R50YG from 8 to 14 April on the bands 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters;
- Test item number 5 (site 23) callsign UP50SK from 10 to 11 April on the bands 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters;
- The city of Baikonur (pl. 10) callsign UP50YG from 8 to 11 April on the bands 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters.
April 9-10, Kazakh and Russian teams will take part in competitions in relation to the HF at "Cup of Yuri Gagarin.
- Press Service of the Russian Space Agency
More information about the AMSAT-BB