[amsat-bb] Re: Mode S antenna

Edward R. Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sat Sep 11 20:11:14 PDT 2010

At 06:53 PM 9/11/2010, Matt Patterson wrote:
>Just won this antenna on ebay for my portable V/S setup.  Hope it will work
>for what I'm wanting to do.
>Plan on mounting the downconverter to the back of it.  Now to program the
>memories of both my HTs.
>73 Matt
>Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.

Described at 19-dBi is enough gain, probably linear-pol so there may
be a bit more fading if the satellite is spinning.  I bought a 8-dBic
RHCP wifi antenna but have yet to install it.  My B5400 controller
needs repair so no hurry.

I imagine it will work fine...super price!

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
EME: 144-QRT*, 432-100w, 1296-QRT*, 3400-fall 2010
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa at hotmail.com