[amsat-bb] Ideas, challenges (for a world wide network)
pa3guo at upcmail.nl
Sat Oct 9 23:47:17 PDT 2010
Hi Carlos !
Thank you very much for your report.
Listening to the recordings at your site, I hear they have the
same slight variation in volume as on one of my own PC's.
I do not know yet what is causing this, but useful to get
confirmed form your audio playback - thanks !
Honestly, we do not know what we want to do with this exactly.
We need to develop new ideas and applications over time
and from others around the world.
- remote monitor cubesat telemetry (scientific application)
- world-wide broadcast of FM satellites (fun, demo)
- live audio feedback of AO7 CW: stretch the footprint tests via internet
- follow satellites while they travel around the world
(multiple upstream stations needed)
... more ?
- fixed antenna vs beams (beams cannot aim at 2 at the same time)
- fixed antenna give lower SNR
- TS2000 (now) or SDR (only a receiver is needed, no full trx)
- HW: it would be nice to have 1 SDR, with eg AO51+HO68+ISS
all 3 frequencies monitored AND doppler compensated simultanious
(PA3FWM like but then for sats - http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/)
... suggestions ?
Today universities that launch a sat need to wait a few hours after
launch before they can hear their own satellite. We often do this for
them (ANDE-2 over Netherlands, Delfi-C3 over US first). Would be nice
to have a system in place that solves this.
Kind of like the GENSO http://www.genso.org/ project, but that by HAMs.
---- Carlos Paoli <crpaoli at yahoo.com.br> schreef:
> Hi Mike DK3WN, Henk PA3GUO and guys,
Mike, unfortunately can not monitor your audio stream, the next time I'll be
your site is very cool.
Henk, I recorded orbits 3903 and 3916 and put on our website at
also put a ISS record by the CT1EAT.
I hope it is useful and that everyone will enjoy.
73, Carlos Paoli - PY2FFZ
More information about the AMSAT-BB