[amsat-bb] AMSAT Symposium This Weekend Near O'Hare Airport in Elk Grove Village, IL
wb9qzb_groups at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 23:50:14 PDT 2010
Note: More information about the symposium in attached files & at
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 22:07:40 GMT
From: "uco at juno.com" <uco at juno.com>
Subject: MAMSAT SYMPOSIUM THIS WEEK - CHICAGO
ARISSat-1 will be the presented in detail during the Saturday morning sessions
at the AMSAT 2010 Space Symposium and Annual Meeting which will be held on
Friday, October 8 through Sunday, October 10.
AMSAT Vice-President of Engineering Tony Montiero, AA2TX and ARISSat Project
Manager Gould Smith, WA4SXM along with ARISSat team members will host the
Saturday ARRISat-1 sessions including:
* ARISSat-1 Overview
* Software Radio Technology
* BPSK-1000 format for ARISSat-1
* ARISSatTLM - Software Demodulator and Telemetry Program
* Calculating Available Power (Examples: ARISSat & Fox)
* Power System
* Assembling ARISSat-1
* ARISSat-1 Vibration Testing
The team plans to have a working ARISSat-1 prototype attending the Symposium.
ARISSat-1 design and operations are discussed in detail in these papers
published in the 2010 Symposium Proceedings book:
* ARISSat-1 Overview by Tony Monteiro AA2TX
* ARISSat-1 Power System by Tony Monteiro AA2TX
* Software Radio Technology on ARISSat-1 by Tony Montiero AA2TX
* ARISSatTLM - A Software Demodulator and Telemetry Display Program for the
ARISSat-1 Satellite by Douglas Quagliana KA2UPW
* BPSK-1000 format for ARISSat-1 by Phil Karn KA9Q
An additional feature presentation and paper will introduce you to AMSAT's
next satellite ... AMSAT-FOX Preview by Tony Monteiro, AA2TX.
The AMSAT 2010 Space Symposium and Annual General Meeting will be held at the
Chicago/Elk Grove Holiday Inn which is near O'Hare Airport.
On-line registration for the Symposium continues on-line at the AMSAT Store.
The registration fee is $45.00 from now through 5 October. Online registration
closes 5 October at Midnight. Registration at the door will be $50.00.
John - AG9D
Symposium Host Committee
More information about the AMSAT-BB