[amsat-bb] Re: Yaesu VX-7R
ve7ngp at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 29 09:42:25 PST 2010
I use a VX-6R, but you can do the same to program your VX-7R for odd splits
(your manual pg. 46).
1. in VFO mode, store your receive frequency into a memory channel (AO-51 V/U
mode 435.300 MHz)
2. in VFO mode, turn to your transmit frequency (AO-51 V/U mode 145.920 MHz)
3. press and hold the MON/F key for a 1/2 second and release
4. withing 5 sec of performing step 3. dial to the memory channel number stored
in step 1.
5. press and hold the PTT switch and then press the MON/F key to store the odd
6. your memory channel will show a +/- repeater shift indicating independently
stored transmit/receive frequencies.
I've programmed several memory channels to compensate for doppler at 5 kHz
intervals (AO-51 V/U mode 425.310, 425.305, 425.300, 425.295, 425.290)
I hope this helps.
73's Peter VE7NGP
From: amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org] On Behalf
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 7:06 AM
To: amsat-bb at amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Yaesu VX-7R
I was wondering if anybody has used a Yaesu VX-7R for Satellite use? I'm having
troubles programming it and was wonder if it was worth the investment in a USB
cable and software ? Thanks in advance !
Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
More information about the AMSAT-BB