[amsat-bb] Re: Oldest working orbiting satellite? Todays quiz!

Chris Bloy chris at photofuture.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 12:33:55 PDT 2010

Hi Tony,

>>Technically the R/B isn't a satellite??
>The R/B _is_ a satellite if it's in orbit around the Earth, and it's non
functional - it became non functional when it finished its job of putting
the satellite into its orbit. :)
Hmm, this I guess is true so maybe I need to ensure that I include
operational communications satellite to rule out the R/B etc!

>>"The record holder appears to be ATS-3 still nominally operational
>>after an amazing 41 years!"
>That's impressive!
Yes, it amazed me too! There really is some amazing information available
for this hobby!

>>That's a record we want AO-7 to break isn't it?
>Would be nice. :)
:) Oh yes...! I am yet to make a contact on this old lady, but its coming!
(you listening LA2QAA?)