[amsat-bb] Re: G-5500 Troubleshooting

i8cvs domenico.i8cvs at tin.it
Sat May 1 19:27:30 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Meeks" <jmeek at gaslightmedia.com>
To: <amsat-bb at amsat.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 11:22 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] G-5500 Troubleshooting

> One more thing... Given that the cable tested OK, what does the open
> reading from 6 to 4 suggest? My reading of the schematic diagram is
> sketchy at best.
>
> Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> John Meeks
> KC8ZFN

Hi John, KC8ZFN

After the carefull troubleshooting you did and described the actual open
reading from 6 to 4 in the az. motor suggests two possible autcomes.

1 ) The limit switch SW6 inside the rotator is defective and is an open
      circuit

2)  The winding of the motor connected to limit switch SW6 is open
      so that the motor cannot run nor left and nor right

Since 6 and 4 are an open circuit the electrolitic unpolarized capacitor
inside the motor appears to be not involved in this type of problem.

Please let me know just for curiosity the result of your investigation
but I believe that you have to open the azimuth rotator.

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico