[amsat-bb] fun with preamps

Bob- W7LRD w7lrd at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 16:28:07 PDT 2010

Hello

Just installed a AG-25 (Icom preamp) on my 2M cp yagi.  No preamp noise Smeter=0, preamp on Smeter=7.  Signals "appear" better after backing down the volume with the preamp.  I have 8-10 feet of LMR400uf from antenna to preamp, 50 feet of LMR400 to shack.  I suppose I was expecting more "dramatic" results, I realize the AG-25 isn't the greatest and best, but it works well with the 910.  Are these real world results for what I have.  S7 noise level seems a bit high.

as always-thanks

73 Bob W7LRD