[amsat-bb] Re: FT-817 charge?
dave at k7daa.com
Fri Jun 25 23:02:07 PDT 2010
Quick answer in case you haven't been able to download a manual:
- Press the "F" function key.
- Turn the selector dial on the lower left until you see "CHG" on the
left-hand side of the menu.
- Tap the "A" key briefly to turn on the charger function (there will
be an arrow by it: >CHG
- Turn the radio off--this is important! The charger only works when
the radio is off.
- If you were successful, you'll see the TX/RX light turn orange, and
you'll see a timer countdown on the display.
- To cancel the charge function prematurely, just go the the "CHG"
function again on the display and tap the "A" key.
73 and happy Field Day,
Dave - K7DAA
On Jun 25, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> I give up.
> How do you get the 817 to charge?
> Lost my manual.
> Charge menu is set for 10 hours.
> Is there something to push to tell it to get started?
> Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
> Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
More information about the AMSAT-BB