[amsat-bb] AO-27: Deja vu all over again

Rsoifer@aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 16:53:39 PDT 2010

More than 12 years after my January 1998 QST article, I recently acquired a
 new Yaesu VX-3R mini-HT.  While getting ready for Field Day, I thought I
would try it out on AO-27.  With the same MFJ 1717 dual-band whip that  I
used back then, the 2-watt VX-3R quickly worked three stations today:  K6YK,
WC7V and N5AFV.
Congratulations to them, and of course to the builders and command stations
 of AO-27, who've kept it going since 1993.
See you all on FD from our club station, WE7GV.
Ray W2RS