[amsat-bb] Re: HELIX REFLECTOR?

Anthony Monteiro aa2tx at comcast.net
Thu Jun 3 19:30:19 PDT 2010

Hi Pete,

Take a look at this article on helix ground planes:

It is also possible to make a helix with no ground plane.
This was a cover article of the IEEE Antennas magazine in 1995.
Search for the article

Kraus, J.D. A helical-beam antenna without a ground plane.
IEEE Ant. Prop. Mag., 37 (2), 45, 1995.

You have to buy this one from IEEE if you are not an
APS member.

Best of luck with your projects!

Tony AA2TX