[amsat-bb] Re: Four Grids from one location

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Wed Jul 21 09:00:31 PDT 2010

I am not sure what the requirements are for VUCC, WAS, DXCC & other
awards but for valid contacts from rovers in ARRL VHF Contests there
is a requirement that the rover moves a min distance between
grids.  This is to prevent a method of shortcutting contacts called
grid circling.  So, even with a GPS, it may be necessary to move
physically to register the proper six digit grid.  Can you imagine
the number of grids that intersect at the north of south pole?