[amsat-bb] Re: G5500 disassembly
Nick Pugh K5QXJ
quadpugh at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 19 03:06:35 PST 2010
You can put the cap at the control box but if you want to take the rotator
1. Turn it upside down and unscrew the 4 screws that hold the ball bearing
2. Turn it right side up set it on the desk holding the bearing ring in
3. With the unit on the desk slide the bearing ring down and lift the
rotator out of the bearing racier. Be careful not to lift the top of the
rotator off the body of the rotator
4. Turn the rotator upside down and set it on the desk.
5. Lift the body of the rotator off the top of the rotator.
If you get the sequence wrong the ball bearings' will fall out no big deal
just capture the all the bearings and put them back in the racier.
Call if I have confused you
Nick k5qcj cell 337 258 2527
From: amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Paul Baldock
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 7:37 PM
To: amsat-bb at amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] G5500 disassembly
I'm about to disassemble a Yaesu G5550 Azimuth Rotor to replace the
Starting Capacitor. Has anybody done this and can give any
suggestions? I'm concerned about taking it apart and a million pieces
Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
More information about the AMSAT-BB