[amsat-bb] Re: AO-51 Signal Strength Post Flip

Elan Portnoy elanportnoy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 11:48:03 PST 2010

You are on-the-nose John.

Currently, I AOS and LOS AO-51 at higher elevations than before the initial flip. During high passes, the downlink is no longer DFQ or is as strong as before, and there are more fades (was better with leaves still on the trees!).

I have questioned my antenna calibration; it appears to be where it was previously. Clock, Keps, etc., all good too.

So that's my observation--jives with John's. Of course I am appreciative of the team keeping her chugging, but feedback is helpful I'm sure.